UC Davis Students
How to sign up for the Human Development Practicum HDE140/140L "Communicating and Interacting with Young Children" Click Here
Considering the Early Childhood Laboratory School for their young child Click Here
Welcome to the Center for Child and Family Studies, administered by the UC Davis Department of Human Ecology, Division of Human Development and Family Studies.
The Center Serves as:
- A laboratory for the development of experimental programs for children and families
- An observation site for UC Davis students and community members
- A research facility for UC Davis faculty and graduate students. The experimental programs, observation opportunities and research of the laboratory are intended to advance the field of child development.
Programs of the CCFS include:
- Early Childhood Lab School (ECL)
- Eichhorn Family House, which provides a setting for child development research, family programs, seminars and meetings
- Research labs for use by faculty and students
The CCFS staff is committed to the facilitation of the teaching, research and outreach functions of the University, to the professional growth of undergraduate and graduate students, and to the healthy development of children and their families. The CCFS is part of the national system of Experiment Stations for the United States Department of Agriculture. As a component of the Experiment Station, the CCFS focuses on issues of human health and well-being and quality of life as they relate to the development of children and their families.