Time to apply
Families must submit a new application each year for their child’s enrollment the following Fall. Applying during January and February offers your child the best opportunity for Fall admission. (Note: No fee is required with a new application for the same child in subsequent years.)
The first round of Fall admissions decisions is made in March and April, but additional openings may occur if families move or change their plans. For this reason, we accept applications for each upcoming school year through September. Children who do not receive a slot in April are placed on an active waiting list. All acceptance decisions are made by the ECL Director.
Once accepted, a non-refundable $100 deposit is required and an enrollment contract and additional completed paperwork must be submitted before enrollment is final.
Facts to know before you apply
- The Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL) is funded as a teaching/research/demonstration program for UC Davis students and faculty. To fulfill these missions each class is balanced to provide a balanced sex ratio, even age distribution, and developmental and family diversity.
- Our acceptance of this application and $40 application fee does not guarantee placement for your child. Enrollment depends on how many applications are submitted for each age group and what balance is needed. Siblings of currently enrolled children are given preference but are also not guaranteed placement.
- Enrolled families are expected to have their child attend on every day the program is in session (illness excepted), to facilitate the learning of our child development practicum students. This program is not a good fit for families who plan frequent or extended travel during the school year.
Tuition and Fees
- $500 per quarter for children of currently registered UC Davis students
- $700 per quarter for children from non-student families
- $45 once a year administrative fee for each child attached to fall quarter tuition
Families are billed for tuition before the beginning of each ten-week quarter, and payment is due by the first day of school each quarter. The $100 enrollment deposit will be credited toward child's next spring quarter tuition or the final bill, whichever comes first.