Updates - The Center is closed during the months of July and August. The director will be working from home - all other staff are off.
Applications are still being accepted for waitlists, enrollment for non-student families in the 2022-23 ECL school year is wrapping up. CCAMPIS (student family) applicants are still being enrolled. Apply online through "Curacubby" with a separate application fee. See details below.
Families must submit a new application each year for their child’s enrollment the following Fall. Applying during January and February offers your child the best opportunity for Fall admission. (Note: No fee is required with a new application for the same child in subsequent years.)
The first round of Fall admission offers is made in March and April, but additional openings may occur if families move or change their plans. For this reason, we accept applications for each upcoming school year through September. Children who do not receive a slot are placed on an active waiting list. All acceptance decisions are made by the ECL Director.
Once accepted, a non-refundable $200 deposit is required and an enrollment contract and additional completed paperwork must be submitted before enrollment is final.
Facts to know before you apply
- The Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL) is funded as a teaching/research/demonstration program for UC Davis students and faculty. To fulfill these missions each class is balanced to provide a balanced sex ratio, even age distribution, and developmental and family diversity.
- Our acceptance of this application and $40 application fee does not guarantee placement for your child. Enrollment depends on how many applications are submitted for each age group and what balance is needed. Siblings of currently enrolled children are given preference but are also not guaranteed placement.
- Enrolled families are expected to have their child attend every day the program is in session (illness excepted), to facilitate the learning of our child development practicum students. This program is not a good fit for families who plan frequent or extended travel during the school year.
Tuition and Fees
- $857 Quarterly tuition for part-day enrollment
- $45 annual administrative fee for each child attached to fall quarter tuition or first quarter of each school year child attends
- $200 annual enrollment deposit which will be credited toward child's next spring quarter tuition or their final bill, whichever comes first.
- Full-day quarterly tuition: $2,713 per quarter. As participants of CCAMPIS, at least 50% (with the possibility of up to 100%) of the cost of tuition will be subsidized by the CCAMPIS grant.
Families are billed for tuition before the beginning of each ten-week quarter, and payment is due by the first day of school each quarter.
To submit an application please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Curacubby signup site at https://ucdavis.curacubby.com/fst/ECLapply (Curacubby supports the newer versions of Google Chrome and Safari. The application may not load on other browsers - Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. - or old versions of Chrome or Safari.)
- Complete and submit the application
- Mail a check for $40 payable to "UC Regents" (No Cash or Credit Cards are accepted) to:
- Center for Child and Family Studies (CCFS);
- University of California, Davis; One Shields Ave
- Davis, CA 95616-5270
Please reference your child's full name with the check. Your application will be officially accepted upon receipt of the check.
Placement offers will be extended by email beginning in mid-March through mid-April.
If you experience any issues with the application please contact Curacubby support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
License numbers: 570306437 and 570311412