The 2020-21 school year has ended as of June 3rd. Return to a modified normal program is projected for fall quarter 2021 - see below. Onsite classes are fully enrolled for the 2021-22 school year. All further applications will be waitlisted.
Applications for children's remote learning programs are now being accepted using the same application. For more information see:UC_DavisRemoteEarlyLearningFlyer 2021-22.pdf
Welcome to the Early Childhood Lab School (ECL), the part-day children’s program at CCFS.
The ECL provides a model early childhood program, a site for research and observation, and an educational experience for Child Development students.
Enrollment: 70 children in six classes (ages are as of the 1st day of the school year)
- Toddler I: 9 children ages 24-30 months, mornings only M-Th
- Toddler II: 9 children ages 30-36 months, mornings only M-Th
- Preschools: 52 children in 4 morning or afternoon age-grouped classes M-Th
Each class is staffed by:
- A Lead Teacher (B.S. in Child Development or Early Childhood Education)
- A Child Development Demonstration Lecturer/Specialist (M.S. degree)
- Three practicum student "caregivers" enrolled in our intensive Laboratory in Early Childhood course who enable us to provide individualized attention to children.
Research about child development is an essential part of the ECL. Parents who enroll their children grant permission for their children to be part of the naturalistic observation research that takes place daily. Several times per year parents are asked to consider other research projects that would involve direct interaction with their child. Parents receive a description of each research project approved by our Research Director and sign an informed consent form.
License numbers: 570306437 and 570311412
Our program is proud to have earned NAEYC Accreditation - the mark of quality for early childhood education programs.