Welcome to the Early Childhood Lab School (ECL), the part-day children’s program at CCFS.
The ECL provides a model early childhood program, a site for research and observation, and an educational experience for Child Development students.
We enroll 82 children in six classes grouped as following:
- 10 infants 7 -14 months old in October (mornings only)
- 12 toddlers/twos 19-26 months old in October (mornings only)
- 60 preschoolers (in 4 morning OR afternoon age-grouped classes)
Each class is staffed by:
- A Lead Teacher (B.S. in Child Development or Early Childhood Education)
- A Child Development Demonstration Lecturer/Specialist (M.S. degree)
- Four or five practicum student "caregivers" enrolled in our intensive Communication and Interaction with Young Children course who enable us to provide individualized attention to children.
Research about child development is an essential part of the ECL. Parents who enroll their children grant permission for their children to be part of the naturalistic observation research that takes place daily. Several times per year parents are asked to consider other research projects that would involve direct interaction with their child. Parents receive a description of each research project approved by our Research Director and sign an informed consent form.
License numbers: 570306437 and 570311412
Our program is proud to have earned NAEYC Accreditation - the mark of quality for early childhood education programs.