No remote early learning programs are currently being offered.
Past Programs have included:
- Young Toddler Family Group Time (Monday, 10:00-11:00 AM); for children 12 - 24 months of age
- Toddler Family Group Time (Tuesday, 10:00-11:00 AM); for children 18 - 36 months of age
- Prekindergarten Family Group Time (Wednesdays, 10:00-11:00 AM); for children 3-4 years of age
- Toddler Family Group Time in Spanish (Thursdays, 10:00-11:00 AM); for children 18 - 36 months of age
Play kits will be provided weekly; these kits may be picked-up and exchanged weekly from the Early Child-hood Laboratory (Davis, CA) or at a designated location in Sacramento, CA or Dixon, CA.
Each family interaction session will be facilitated via Zoom by a child development specialist from the Center for Child and Family Studies and will include:
exposure to developmentally appropriate curriculum
hands-on exploratory play
music and movement
Parent and/or family caregiver participation is expected. Time will be dedicated during each session to parent and caregiver support. A child development specialist will introduce and model strategies and approaches to supporting child development.
Family education topics include:
- Fundamental care-giving skills
- Coaching social competence
- Supporting social communication
- Guiding behavior
- Scaffolding self-help and thinking skills
- Applying knowledge of temperament
- Promoting creativity and critical thinking
- Addressing diversity